Salmon patties are a delicious and easy-to-make dinner option that can be served with various sides to create a perfectly balanced meal. Whether you’re looking for something light and fresh or hearty and comforting, plenty of options will complement the savory flavors of these tasty seafood cakes. In this blog post, we’ll explore what to serve with salmon patties? And offering inspiration and ideas to help you make the most out of this versatile dish. So, get ready to explore some exciting new flavor combinations and discover your new favorite way to enjoy salmon patties!
Introduction To Salmon Patties And Their Versatility
Salmon patties are a delicious and versatile dish that everyone can enjoy. These patties are made from flaked salmon meat mixed with various ingredients such as bread crumbs, herbs, and spices and then formed into a patty. Depending on personal preference, the patties can be fried, grilled, or baked. One of the best things about salmon patties is how easy they are to customize. They can be made with different types of salmon or even other types of fish. Vegetables can also be added for an extra burst of flavor and nutrition.
Additionally, salmon patties can be served as a main dish, added to salads, or used as a sandwich filling. This versatility makes salmon patties a great option for those looking for a delicious and healthy meal that can be enjoyed in various ways. So, the next time you crave something savory and satisfying, consider trying salmon patties!
What To Serve With Salmon Patties?
Looking for some tasty sides to serve with your salmon patties? Look no further! Here are some delicious and easy dishes to serve alongside your favorite fish patties.
1. Roasted Vegetables – Add some color to your plate with a medley of roasted vegetables, such as carrots, broccoli, and bell peppers.
2. Cucumber Yogurt Salad – This cool and refreshing salad pairs perfectly with hot salmon patties. Just mix yogurt with chopped cucumber, mint, and garlic.
3. Corn on the Cob – Keep it simple with classic corn on the cob. Brush with butter, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and enjoy!
4. Lemon Butter Green Beans – Add some brightness to your plate with green beans sauteed in lemon butter. Simply cook the beans in a pan with melted butter, lemon juice, and garlic.
5. Sweet Potato Fries – Who doesn’t love a good fry? Swap out regular fries for sweet potato fries and pair them with your salmon patties for a tasty and nutritious meal.
6. Quinoa Salad – For a more filling side dish, try a quinoa salad with roasted vegetables, feta cheese, and a lemon vinaigrette dressing.
With these delicious and easy side dishes, your salmon patties will become the star of the meal!
You may want to read:
- What Is a Salmon Skin Roll? Everything You Need to Know
- What Does Raw Salmon Taste Like? A Distinctive Taste Experience
- How Many Calories Are in Salmon Patties?
Classic Side Dishes For Salmon Patties: Rice, Coleslaw, And Green Beans
When it comes to serving up some delicious salmon patties, a few classic side dishes are always a hit with dinner guests. Rice, coleslaw, and green beans are all popular choices that complement the rich flavor of the salmon patties. Fluffy white rice is the perfect neutral base to soak up any leftover sauce or seasoning from the patties. Creamy coleslaw adds a refreshing crunch and a tangy kick that balances out the salmon’s flavor. Lastly, green garlic beans offer a savory side dish that enhances the overall meal’s taste. Together, these classic side dishes create a well-rounded and satisfying plate that’ll leave everyone feeling full and satisfied.
Creative Side Dishes For Salmon Patties: Sweet Potato Fries, Quinoa Salad, And Grilled Vegetables
Looking for some creative side dishes to pair with her favorite salmon patties, the foodie was delighted to come across a few exciting options. One that caught her eye was 700 roasted sweet potatoes, chickpeas, pomegranate molasses, hazelnuts, dukkah, pine nuts, and smoked salmon quinoa with citrus. This dish boasted a perfect balance of sweet and savory flavors and a variety of textures that would complement the flaky salmon patties beautifully. For a simpler option, 200 sesame-seared sweet potato fries served with a side salad and fries also looked appetizing.
And finally, grilled vegetables would be the perfect way to add some color and flavor to the meal while keeping it healthy and refreshing. All in all, the foodie was thrilled to have found these fabulous side dishes and couldn’t wait to try them out!
Sauces And Condiments That Pair Well With Salmon Patties: Tartar Sauce, Honey Mustard, And Avocado Salsa
Salmon patties are a mouth-watering seafood dish that can be served as a delicious appetizer or a hearty main course. You’re in the right place if you’re wondering what sauces and condiments best complement this delectable dish. According to factual data, tartar sauce, honey mustard, and avocado salsa are some of the most popular options that pair exceptionally well with salmon patties.
Tartar sauce adds tanginess to the dish, making it a perfect match for the richness of the salmon. On the other hand, honey mustard adds sweetness and just the right amount of zest to balance the flavors. And for those who crave a more refreshing flavor, avocado salsa is the way to go. The creaminess of the avocado, combined with the freshness of tomatoes and the tanginess of lime, creates an explosion of flavors that harmonize perfectly with the savory taste of the salmon patties.
So next time you whip up some sumptuous salmon patties, remember to have these sauces and condiments on hand to enrich the dining experience further!
Creative Sides To Try With Salmon Patties
There are plenty of creative sides that can be served with salmon patties! One idea is to make a simple Greek or Orzo pasta salad by mixing cooked couscous with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Another option is to serve the patties on a burger bun with some remoulade sauce, tomato, and a sprinkle of cilantro. Elma suggests adding chopped roasted veggies to the mix for flavor and nutrition. For something a little different, try adding a dash of hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and seafood seasoning to the salmon patties before cooking them up. These easy-to-make dishes are sure to impress at any mealtime!
How To Create A Balanced Meal With Salmon Patties?
Creating a balanced meal with salmon patties is easy and delicious. Salmon is packed with omega-3 fatty acids and lean protein, making it a healthy option for any meal. To complete the meal, there are a variety of tasty side dishes to choose from. Potato salad with Miracle Whip is a great option, which adds a creamy and tangy flavor. Another option is a summer pasta salad, which is light and refreshing. A coleslaw salad on the side is also a healthy option that can be mixed and matched with other meals. Incorporating these side dishes can create a balanced and satisfying meal with salmon patties at the center.
Tips For Creating A Balanced Meal With Salmon Patties And Sides
1. Consider the sides – A balanced meal should have a variety of flavors and textures to complement the main dish. Some great options to serve with salmon patties could include roasted vegetables, quinoa salad, or a fresh side salad.
2. Remember the protein – While salmon is a great source of protein, it’s important to ensure you’re getting enough. Add egg or beans to your side dish for an added protein boost.
3. Choose healthy fats – Mayonnaise is a common condiment for salmon patties but can be high in unhealthy fats. Make a homemade salad dressing with olive oil instead for a healthier option.
4. Season generously – Salmon patties can be bland if not seasoned properly, so feel free to add herbs and spices. Dill, lemon pepper, and garlic are all great options.
5. Portion control – While loading up on the main dish may be tempting, it’s important to remember that a balanced meal consists of proper portion sizes. Stick to one or two salmon patties and fill up on vegetables and healthy sides instead.
Overall, creating a balanced meal with salmon patties is all about variety and moderation. You can ensure that your meal is delicious and healthy by incorporating different flavors, textures, and nutrients.
FAQ about What to Serve with Salmon Patties?
Q: What are salmon patties?
A: Salmon patties are a delicious and easy-to-make dish made from canned or fresh salmon mixed with breadcrumbs, spices, and other ingredients to form patties that are then pan-fried.
Q: What can you serve with salmon patties?
A: Many great side dishes pair well with salmon patties, including sweet potato fries, potato salad with Miracle Whip, baked beans, arugula salad, tropical fruit salad, cabbage-cucumber salad, mango strawberry salsa, spicy quick pickled broccoli, Baba Ganoush with pita wedges, Succotash, roasted vegetables, mixed green salad, or mashed potatoes. It’s a good idea to pair the mild flavor of salmon patties with bright, bold flavors to really make the dish pop.
Q: What kind of sauce should you serve with salmon patties?
A: Remoulade sauce is a classic and delicious choice for serving with salmon patties. Other great options include tartar sauce, aioli, or a simple lemon-dill sauce.
Q: Are sweet potato fries good for serving with salmon patties?
A: Yes! Sweet potato fries are a great side dish option to serve with salmon patties. The sweet and crispy flavor of the fries pairs well with the mild flavor of the salmon patties.
Q: Can you serve salmon patties on a burger bun?
A: Absolutely! Salmon patties can be served on soft bread, burger buns, or even on their own. For a delicious burger experience, try topping your salmon patty with a slice of cheese, some lettuce and tomato, and your favorite sauce.
Conclusion And Final Thoughts On Serving Salmon Patties
Now that you know what pairs well with salmon patties, it’s time to whip up a delicious meal. Whether you prefer a fresh salad or some savory roasted veggies, there are plenty of options to choose from. Thanks for reading, and happy cooking!
Lucas Henderson is the owner of Pacific Fish Grill, and as such, he’s passionate about seafood and grilling. He blogs about both topics to share his knowledge and experiences with others who might be interested.